Thursday, January 11, 2007

On Second Thought...


Kings are still terrible. I played some 25c/50c NLHE tonight and I got Kings at least 5 times. Twice my opponent called my bet on a rag flop and check-raised me on the turn when an ace hit. Another time, I raised with Kings and got no action, and on the VERY NEXT hand I got 'em again, and the same scenario spins, my opponent calls my garbage flop bet and check-raises me on the turn ace. (I soon discovered he was just a donkey in wolf's clothing - he called a river bluff-raise from me with only Ace-Ten high and my Ace-Queen hi was good). AK was a big loser tonight too - kept missing flops and getting my bets called or raised. The one time I DID hit the flop (K-5-5), I put the other guy (a small stack) all in on the turn and he caught a river Queen to win with King-Queen. I lost with KQ to Q-10 on a Q hi flop when a 10 turned, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Amazingly enough, despite the bad beats, terrible showdown stats, and general carnage, I managed to not lose any dough on the night, because I took a lot of mid-sized pots on the flop and turn. Oh and because Kings did hold up one time !

No comments:

Donate to the ASPCA Today!