Thursday, January 18, 2007

KK Stacks AA AGAIN !!!


Like the two examples in my Cardplayer thread weren't enough ! Here's the scenario - 25c/50 NLHE, I'm in the big blind with KK and about $44 when a player in middle position who has just bought in for $50 makes it 2 bucks to go. The small blind calls and I obviously call as well. Flop comes K-9-7 with two spades, and I check to the raiser, who bets out 5 bucks. SB folds and I smooth call. The turn is a blank, doesn't help the flush draw or straight draw, and I once again check to the raiser, who makes it $11. At this point I figure he's got one of four hands: AA, AK, or 99 or 77 for trips, and since I'll have $25+ left after this bet I once again smooth call, feeling that an all-in move at this point would still be a bit of an overbet and might scare him off. The river is another small blank, once again I check, and the other player does not disappoint, firing $20 into the pot. I check-raise him with my last $5+ and of course he calls with his AA and discovers the grim news.

I actually had one heck of a run in the hour I played tonight:

- I slow-played AsTh on an AhTs4s flop which I got to see for free from the big blind. The small blind bet out $1.50 on the offsuit 6 turn and when the river came another Ace, he bet $4, which I raised to $9, causing him to go all-in for about $10 more with his AK offsuit.

- I reraised a bunch of limpers on the button with QQ, and stacked a guy who called my raise with 9-8 offsuit and couldn't fold on a J-9-7-x board when I put him all-in on the turn.

- And I beat AT with KK on a ten-high flop, but I had to check on the river as the flush draw and a gutshot straight draw both got there.

We're havin' gravy with our biscuits tonight !

No comments:

Donate to the ASPCA Today!