Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The More Things Change...

...the more they remain the same. Except for this blog's layout LOL. Still waiting for that big breakthrough. At one point I was considering the $300 shootout coming up next Monday at the Foxwoods Poker Classic because they had also offered me a free slot tourney entry (so there was added value in going) but obv the seats for the slot tourney filled up quick so I missed out. The last time I played at the Woods I continued my streak of cashing in every sit-n-go I've ever played there by luckboxing a 3rd in a $100 one-tabler.
I went on a trip to Disney World during February school vaction with my wife, her parents, her sister, and my niece and nephew. I hadn't been there in 30+ years and we all had a fantastic time. On Wednesday of that week the wife and I, along with her dad, headed down to the Hard Rock in Tampa to play in a $100 daily tourney that runs at 12:30. Sadly we all whiffed, as my wife was out EARLY with AK < QQ AIPF, while I maintained an average stack for several levels until finally losing with AQ < Jd9d after he limped UTG, I shoved, and he robo-donk-called for like 1/2 his stack and was rewarded for his donkishness with a Jack-high flop. I lost about 3 60/40's like that, but it was nothing compared to what happened to my father-in-law. He had about 7500 chips and just shoved 'em in preflop with AA after a raise to 400 and a couple of callers. So with maybe 1700 in the pot and a raise of 7000 more a guy calls off half his stack with - get this - 7d3d ! The board came Ad-x-Qd-x-5d and flopped trips got rivered. The worst part (per usual) is that the guy was a truly terrible player and just bled chips - in one hand he called a pot-sized flop bet with a pair of deuces in the hole and no help on the board ! It doesn't matter where you are, live poker is FULL of terrible players just gettin their gamble on.
Since PokerStars lowered their Silver Star requirement to 1200 FPP's this month I've been playing a lot of hi-lo stud trying to get there. I'd been running pretty badly up until today, when in not even a half an hour I managed to win over 60 bucks at $1/$2. On one table I sat down with $40 and left with $88 !! I'm gonna try to grind a lot of hands later this week since I'm only about halfway there.
And one more thing - Twitter. It's way too much fun. I just joined in the past week. You can check out my page at twitter.com/DJELove .

No comments:

Donate to the ASPCA Today!