Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An Early Valentine's Day Present


I played in a $15+1.50 NLHE tourney on Pokerstars tonight, which I haven't done in a while, and finished well into the money, coming in 25th out of 771 players and profiting over $50. I was very happy to do that well, as I was beyond card dead in the third hour, winning a whopping three pots, two pre-flop with uncalled raises (crappy hands too - KJ suited and A9 suited) and one all-in on the short stack with A4 vs. Q3. I was also pleased that I lost exactly once in the whole tourney as a big favorite, against a small stack who pushed A4 suited on the button vs. my KK in the blinds and flopped an ace. Everything else held, and I even hit a couple of 3-outers near the end to survive as long as I did. I caught FIVE pairs of Queens in the first hour and they all won, twice flopping trips, and also got Aces twice and stacked smaller pairs both times. All in all it was pretty basic poker, but it worked !

No comments:

Donate to the ASPCA Today!